6 Ways Social Seniors Thrive in Independent Living
Do your household chores seem to get more difficult by the day, or are you tired of dedicating time and money to home repairs? Then it’s time to get back your freedom and make new friends with independent living!
More and more seniors around the country are swapping the stress of owning a home with carefree senior living, so they can spend more time with the people they love. So if you’re done with the constant upkeep of owning a home, check out these reasons you should move to an independent living community.
- Senior apartments are spacious
- The homes in independent living communities are more beautiful and spacious than ever, and have numerous floor plans to fit any budget and lifestyle preferences. There’s plenty of space for quaint and cozy furniture, updated kitchen appliances, and private patios or balconies that are perfect for coffee and conversation.
- You can find 1- and 2-bedroom apartments homes that are thoughtfully designed for seniors and packed with hassle-free extras that make life a lot easier.
- Independent living offers a carefree lifestyle
- Finally, you can leave the worries of homeownership behind. You won’t have to worry about lawn maintenance, expensive repairs, or even weekly housekeeping. This means you have more time to take advantage of social opportunities with your new neighbors, or spend extra time spoiling your grandkids.
- Many communities feature regularly scheduled transportation to make medical visits and shopping trips extra easy. They’ll also transport residents to off-site events and locations like baseball games, plays, botanical gardens, or museums.
- You can still spend time with your pet
- Not only does your four-legged family member inspire you to keep moving, but they also reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and keep you socializing with other pet lovers. This is why most independent living communities now offer pet-friendly policies.
- In fact, some communities even feature access to private dog parks, which means you can schedule regular playdates with your neighbors, and let your pup run leash-free with their pals. Just make sure you check with your community about their pet-policy details and restrictions.
- Keep your active lifestyle with activities, classes and events
- The benefits of socialization for seniors are unmatched. It improves your mental health, gives you a sense of belonging, increases your self-esteem, and provides a purposeful life. The activities, events, and off-site excursions provided by an independent living community are carefully curated to bring like minds together and help you make friends for life.
- Find your next best friend at a lifelong learning class, performing arts event, or working up a sweat at the fitness center. Wherever you go, there are sure to be friendly faces and pleasant conversations.
- Services and amenities that are just right
- Whether you want to improve your strength and balance with yoga, relax with paint-by-numbers, sing your heart out at karaoke, or take a deeper dive into your education with a lifelong learning class, there are services and amenities for everyone in independent living.
- The best part is that you’re always part of a friendly community with residents waiting to share their interests with you.
- Independent living communities focus on wellness
- There’s no better way to know yourself and your neighbor than by focusing on wellness. The best communities offer wellness programs that focus on the whole-person and are tailored to your goals.
- One of the most important dimensions of wellness is staying social. That’s why independent living communities offer activities like aqua fit, dance aerobics, walking clubs and health seminars you can attend with your friends.
Ready to Learn What Independent Living Is Really Like?
Then explore our options at Robson Reserve at PebbleCreek, where you’ll find spacious senior apartments, incredible social opportunities, and convenient amenities.
Contact us today to find out how you can dine daily on gourmet meals, enjoy cocktails with your neighbors in our lounge, or achieve your highest potential with a variety of classes and events. A hassle-free lifestyle awaits you at Robson Reserve at Pebble Creek!