Memory Care Community in Sun Lakes, Arizona
More joy and dignity through specialized care.
At Robson Reserve at Sun Lakes in addition to our independent senior living and assisted living, we offer memory care designed specifically to create a calm, nurturing environment for residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Familiar activities and social interaction within a safe setting foster joy in the moment, leading to improved quality of life for residents — and peace of mind for you. Take a virtual tour of the common areas within the memory care facility and see its distinct features.
Specially trained in dementia care, our memory care team takes the time to get to know each resident personally, enhancing residents’ daily lives by focusing on their strengths and abilities. A high staff-to-resident ratio encourages this personal connection and ensures that your loved one receives the attention they need and deserve.
In keeping with the whole-person philosophy of wellness in our retirement community, we incorporate dementia care activities that honor the connection between mind, body and spirit. This unique approach integrates sensory stimulation — such as music therapy, reflexology, and aromatherapy — to nurture each resident’s self-esteem and happiness in the present moment.
To learn more about our personalized, progressive approach to memory care at Robson Reserve at Sun Lakes, complete the contact form below.
Our memory care residences are a generous private studio. Floor plans are handicap-accessible and simply designed to be less overwhelming. Each studio includes a 55″ television, a landline telephone hookup, a window with treatments, and plenty of ways to personalize so your loved one feels right at home.
Memory care services and amenities
The Memory Care services and amenities offered at our senior community includes specialized activities and programming that promote cognitive function, memory retention, and social interaction. The activities assist with meeting seniors’ needs and abilities, and they may include:
- Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy is a natural therapy that involves the use of essential oils to promote relaxation and improve mood. Certain essential oils have been shown to have a calming effect on individuals with dementia, which can promote a sense of calm and well-being.
- Music & pet therapy – The Reserve at Sun Lakes believes music and pet therapy are powerful tools for improving emotional well-being and reducing stress and anxiety. These therapies can help promote overall well-being and enhance the quality of life for seniors in a retirement community.
- Brain fitness games – Brain fitness programs help seniors maintain cognitive function and mental acuity. Programs at The Reserve at Sun Lakes often incorporate activities such as puzzles, memory games, and mental exercises that promote brain health and cognitive abilities.
- Reminiscing activities – Reminiscing activities involve seniors recalling and sharing their memories, experiences, and stories with others. Reminiscing activities at The Reserve at Sun Lakes can include group discussions, memory games, scrapbooking, and storytelling sessions.
- Reflexology & massage therapy – Reflexology and massage therapy can be beneficial for seniors in a retirement community. These therapies can be incorporated into a comprehensive wellness program in a senior living community to help promote overall physical and emotional health.
- Video chat – Video chat technology can be a valuable tool for connecting seniors in memory care facilities with their loved ones. Video chats allow seniors to see and hear their loved ones, which can help reduce feelings of isolation or loneliness. Video chats can also help family members stay connected and involved in the lives of their loved ones.
- Social & activity areas – The Reserve at Sun Lakes has plenty of social and activity areas that are important components of memory care as they help promote engagement among residents. For seniors with memory impairments, socialization can be a challenge, and they may be at risk of social isolation and loneliness. Social and activity areas provide opportunities for residents to interact with each other, participate in group activities, and engage in conversations.
- Dining for all meals – Dining is an important aspect of memory care, as it not only provides residents with essential nutrition but also serves as a social and engaging experience. Dining can help promote socialization, healthy eating habits, and overall well-being for senior living residents.
- Secure fresh air spaces & garden – Secure fresh air spaces are essential components of The Reserve at Sun Lakes near Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek and Tempe. Spending time outdoors and being surrounded by nature can have numerous benefits for seniors, including reducing stress, promoting relaxation, and improving overall well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s included in the memory care monthly fee?
Your monthly fee covers quite a lot. This includes a memory care studio residence; 3 meals a day; specialized programming; group activities and social events; and the services and amenities listed on this page. For a full accounting of what’s included with the monthly fee for memory care, please contact us and we’ll tell you everything.
Does your community participate in the Arizona Long Term Care System?
Robson Reserve at Sun Lakes is a private pay community and is not a participant of the Arizona Long Term Care System.
What if my loved one is in assisted living, and then needs memory care?
One of the advantages of choosing Robson Reserve is the different levels of living on-site. With care available right where you live, a plan is already in place. On-site care is much more convenient and less distressing than having to make a disruptive move.
Who can live here?
Our memory care neighborhood is the right option for seniors experiencing cognitive challenges and requires specialized levels of attention and care. This includes current community residents and those who move directly into Robson Reserve at Sun Lakes. Memory care residents enjoy a specialized neighborhood that focuses on safety and appropriate activities. With the compassionate involvement of certified caregivers, residents almost always thrive to a higher degree than when living at home.
To learn more about memory care at Robson Reserve at Sun Lakes, please complete the form on this page. We’ll be in touch with you shortly.